So we completely missed our one year blogiversary!
It was exactly a year ago and we forgot to mark the occasion- in fact we took a short break from the blog for Christmas and New Year.
But not this year! While we’re still on a break (on our honeymoon to be exact) we’ve pre-prepared a celebratory post to mark our two year blogiversary!
What a two years it has been!
As a bit of a celebration, I thought I’d take this opportunity to share with you 10 fun facts about us, as well as some photos you’ve never seen before!
1. Poopsie and I met overseas (I bet no one will guess which country).
2. Poopsie has worked for the same employer since he was 20 and I have worked for them since I was 22. We’re extremely loyal!
3. Poopsie was born and raised in England. He moved to Australia when he was 8. He has no trace of an accent, but his parents still have theirs.
4. In 2011, I travelled to the United States. For part of the trip, I spent a week in Virginia staying with friends. One day, we went on a hike along part of the Appalachian Trail (it gives me an unusual amount of joy, whenever we hear the AT mentioned to turn to Poopsie and say “I’ve hiked the AT.” He never fails to roll his eyes). One of my friends had complained that morning that she’d never seen a bear the whole time she’d been hiking in the area and then, lo and behold, we saw a bear! You can’t see my face in the photo below, but I am grinning from ear to ear. I was beyond thrilled! I guess because we don’t have bears in Australia, it didn’t occur to me to be fearful, I was just way too excited. So not only have I hiked the AT, but I saw a bear while doing it!
5. My favourite TV show is The West Wing. Poopsie’s is Dr. Who.
6. Poopsie has a tattoo on his right upper arm. It’s of an English rose. He got it when he was 18 and drunk. I don’t have any tattoos.
7. Poopsie is a big James Bond fan and named one of his son’s after the character. Yes, actually. He also purchased his watch because it’s the watch James wears in the films.
8. We are both avid readers. My favourite book is The Power of One by Bryce Courtenay and Poopsie’s is The Hitchhiker’s Guide to the Galaxy by Douglas Adams.
9. We have both been to every Australian state and territory, albeit separately.
10. I am a Francophile and a bit obsessed with all things French. I studied the language at school but haven’t taken it back up in adulthood. It’s definitely on my list of things to do and I hope to one day speak it fluently.
We want to thank you for joining us on this fantastic two year adventure. As many bloggers can attest to, we didn’t expect to enjoy blogging as much as we have and I certainly did not expect to make so many lovely connections through the blog. It has been great.
There has been the odd week where I’ve had to scramble to get a post out, but that is mainly because of outside forces, such as a busy time at work. I have never struggled to come up with a topic to write about, or begrudged having to get a post written.
Blogging has been a wonderful experience thus far, and I am sure it will continue to be. Please continue on this journey with us, it should be a blast!