A Bucket List is a fairly popular concept to most people.
Figure out a bunch of awesome things you want to do in your lifetime, write them down and then tick them off as you achieve them.
While not everyone has a physical list, most have an idea in their mind of at least a few key things they want to do in their lifetime. Many will then make attempts to fit in all of these items around their day jobs, ticking them off slowly over a number of years.
For us, who don’t intend to have day jobs in six years time, our list is slightly different. It certainly holds the big ticket items we want to tick off before we die, but it also holds some very normal and unexciting items that we want to tick off when we retire.
We thought it would be fun to publish our list, and continue to add to it as things come up. We’d also love to hear about items from your own list in the comments below!
The AwP Retirement List
- Walk the Camino
- Spend three months in a canal boat, sailing around the UK
- Drive a campervan around New Zealand in slow time
- Learn to play properly the piano (me) and the guitar (Poopsie)
- Holiday at this amazing resort in Fiji
- Visit Paris together
- Go to all four Tennis Grand Slams (we’ve already done one)
- Become fluent in French (me)
- Make our home fully sustainable (Poopsie)
- Live in the UK for a year (on land, seperate from the canal boat trip)
- Visit Ayers Rock together, followed by a slow time tour of the Northern Territory
- Visit Disneyworld and Harry Potter World (me, but I will drag Poopsie along)
- Spend a month or so travelling around Tasmania
- Write a book (me), whether published or unpublished
- Paint a painting I’d be happy to hang in our home (me)
- Grow tomatoes (we intend to grow many other things, but tomatoes continue to allude us year after year)
- Camp our way along The Great Ocean Road
- Take up yoga
- See the Grand Canyon (me, Poopsie has already seen it)
- Go skiiing together
- Climb Mt. Kosciuszko
- Visit Machu Picchu
- Visit Antarctica (where I may kidnap a penguin)
- Work in a library (me)
- Become a qualified tennis coach (me)
- Hike the Kokoda Trail (Poopsie)
- See the Northern Lights
- Learn to knit (me)
- Walk along the Great Wall of China and see the Terracotta Warriors
- Attend a summer Olympic Games
- Go on a cruise on one of the Queen ships
- Learn to use chopsticks
Keep checking back in as we will continue to add to this list.
We’d love to know, what’s on your Retirement List?